By Teachers, For Teachers
With the school year underway, it's the perfect time for us to recognize (and remind ourselves) why we absolutely love what we do.
Here are my top 12 reasons I love teaching:
1. To share my passion for reading, writing and learning.
2. My students constantly surprise me.
3. To feel like my work has a purpose (outside of just making money).
4. I heart ed tech and all the cool teaching tools that didn’t exist when I was in school!
5. My acting career never took off (just kidding).
6. School is the one place where we share ideas purely for the sake of bettering ourselves.
7. It is a fun, creative outlet.
8. To see the world from all the different perspectives of my students.
9. I’m good at it (most of the time).
10. The feeling of accomplishment seeing students grow in knowledge, confidence and skills.
11. It gives me a valid excuse to correct people’s grammar.
12. It keeps me learning new things every day.
Share the reasons you LOVE teaching in the comments section!